Why Build your Resilience?
Developing a greater level of resilience doesn't stop difficult or stressful things from happening,
but it can reduce the impact these events have on our lives and the time taken to recover from them.
Being resilient does not mean...
ignoring your emotions or feelings, but rather experiencing grief, sadness, disappointment or anger whilst maintaining perspective and continuing on with life with a sense of hope.
10 tips to boost your resilience
1. Have the courage to be imperfect
2. Take time out for yourself
3. Sign up for that course, join that club
4. Be active everyday in as many ways as you can
5. Spend time with people who make you feel good
6. Laugh out loud each day
7. Get a good night's sleep
8. Share the work-load, get everyone involved
9. Try to be positive and focus on things you can control
10. Talk about your troubles and seek help early
Develop Positive Coping Techniques